Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Compose Your Frame



Over spring break, I had the opportunity to spend it in Thailand. I spent a lot of time taking pictures. On my iPhone, I actually have the grid set up so that I be sure to stay within the rule of thirds. The rule of thirds is a design principle that I have always tried to emphasize. In this image, the bottom third is the deck that leads your eye to the chair and the rest of the scenery. The 2/3 is mainly the chair and the river. The final third is the view of the mountains. I feel that the first third is the most important because it leads your eye to the rest of the picture. 

The diagonal lines represented in this image are the roofs of the cabanas and the rivers edge that send your eyes to the background of the image. 

This image also has a lot of movement in it. One of the graphic vectors in this image are the lines in the deck. You have them going vertical that leads your eye to the chair, but you also have them going horizontally that leads your eye to the river. They create a motion vector by guiding your eye through the image. The flowing lines in the river create a contrasting graphic vector that show the way the water is flowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment